Sunday, November 18, 2007

Journey

Today I am traveling on a journey to Philadelphia to visit the Foundation for Bawa Muhaiyaddeen. I have been reading about the spiritual journey (or mystical journey)and am just getting to the point of even understanding that you cannot begin to embark on the "real" spiritual journey without leaving your body and form behind. We still and always will be attached and live in the realm of the world as long as we are "within" our bodies and attached to this world.
How to transform this experience and enter the world of the soul and the light is an experience which is beyond my grasp although I would like to think that I have the ability to understand why you would have to do it.
I had a question about attachment which is: distinguish "freedom from attachment" from a real indifference that you would have if you were free from attachment? Another way of asking that question is, how can you not be indifferent if you are detached and have no feelings toward any object or person? Or, does freedom from attachment come with feelings and not indifference and, if it does, how does it come without feelings of remorse, pain, love, hate, need or desire?
Onward to my journey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home