Tuesday, October 30, 2007

emotion

Just had an e-mail from a dear friend who, by telling me how important I was to him... made me feel wonderful...like a million dollars...all warm and happy...important...needed...like I was contributing something good to his life.
Emotion is such a fleeting, whimsical puff of air passing through your mind and body, affecting your mental and physical well being and your interaction with others.
It also amazes me how words can affect you so distinctly and how they cause irreparable harm and can give unbelievable positive vibrations to someone. What a wonderful life to have such a range of feeling and emotions that allow you to move from highs to lows and back again. For what reason? Is it necessary? Important?

Are we better off without them? To not have these ranges, these highs, these lows, these spells, this anger and hatred, this disappointment, this joy, sorrow, happiness and adrenalin. I don't think so. But it sure is important to understand and manage them sometimes.
Aren't these emotions part of the ego, the "I" that clings to possessions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home